God Is In The Details

Guess what?  We are going to be Grandparents!

It's just the best news ever. 💛 Watching our daughter and her husband struggle with infertility over the last three years has been heart breaking.  But I am here to tell you that God is good, all the time!   He is the God of details who longs to give good gifts to His children, to delight them, talk with them, walk with them, and lead them down a life giving path.  After all, a God who knows how many stars are in the sky or how many hairs are currently on your head, is definitely a God of the smallest detail.  Let me share with you just how involved He is in our lives.  After all, who couldn't use a little good news?

My group of girlfriends got together for a shopping day.  We ended up at Mama's Happy in Watertown, where I purchased a decorative wall mounted coat rack for the lake place.  However, when I got it back to the lake, I discovered that it was too long for where I needed it to go.  So, my darling and talented friend, Ronna, volunteered her husband David to size it down for me.  David is an amazing craftsman, so I was delighted.  But what David and Ronna also are, are people who LOVE the LORD, people of great faith, intercessors, and servants of the Kingdom.  So David and Ronna came by and measured, took the wall mounted coat rack home, and David went to work.  


Ronna and David were familiar with Kate and Jason's struggle with infertility.  They were praying for the situation and offering encouragement. Well, the day came when he was done with the modifications and he insisted that I come and pick it up in person. Of course I was happy to do that, but I had no idea how blessed I'd be when I left.

I pulled into the driveway and David beckoned me into the garage where he presented the finished coat rack. Not only had he taken several inches off of it, but he had rearranged each hook, spliced the wood together seamlessly so the end would be finished, and virtually made it look like it was created that way.  I was, of course, thoroughly impressed! (You should see their house!)

And then David said, "Wait, there's more!"  I'm thinking, what more can there possibly be?  He went around the corner and came back with the little piece of coat rack that he had cut off from the bigger piece after sizing it.  He told me that while he was working on the project he was conversing with Father God.  When he went to toss the little piece into the garbage can, thinking there was no use for it, the Lord prompted David, saying "No, that's for Katie."
  

David proceeded to tell me that the Lord had spoken to him and told him to give that piece with the lone hook on it to Katie, and to tell her to hang it 3 feet off the ground.  Then David saw a little pink rain slicker hanging from the hook and cute little rain boots (the kind Ronna and I would buy), sitting under the little coat.  So David said, "Lord, I get the fact that it's a little person, and that it's a girl, but why the rain slicker?"  To which the Father replied "By this time next year in the rainy season".  Can I tell you what a total  mess I became during this encounter?  Bawling in the driveway.  Completely covered in chill bumps and totally feeling the presence of the Lord Most High.  I called Katie crying, and then she was crying . . .and of course the Word came at a time in her struggle when she really needed some hope.  (God's perfect time.)

Was the last year easy for them?  No.  Did she struggling with waiting on the word/following through with fertility treatments?  Yes.  Were there times of doubt, even though she believed that God would do what He said He would do?  Yes.  After three years of disappointments, and negative tests, it was at times hard for her to believe that it would happen.  (In fact, she took three more pregnancy tests after the doctor told her she was expecting:) What was very encouraging to her was Ronna's advice.  She told her that if you feel peace with going through with testing/treatments, than do it.  Can I interject how thankful I am for Godly friends who are available to walk through some dark days with us?  To offer love and friendship and encouragement?  

My conversation with David took place in May of  2016.  Kate called me on April 21, 2017 to share the news.  It had been raining all week.  ðŸ’¦☂  UPDATE:  And the little darling is A GIRL! 

So, there you go.  A wonderful, heartwarming story for your reading pleasure.  Let it encourage you today.  In the midst of whatever it is you are going through, God is working in the details.  His hands are not tied.  After all, He created you.  He meticulously knit you together in the secret place.  And, when you believe in Him, He gives you the Holy Spirit to live in you always.  You may feel lonely at times, but with the Paraclaytos living inside you, you are never alone.  What a comfort.  What a fantastic detail.

Psalm 139: 13-15  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden form you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.



P.S.  You can call me Grandma . . .anytime. 

Comments